Who’s into some piña colada as a dessert? This Grilled Pineapple with Coconut and Lime is full of tropical flavors, vibrant and so healthy it is want perfect as a dessert or a sweet snack. If you want to make it even healthier, grill the pineapple directly on a grill without any sugar or fat!
Grilled Pineapple with Coconut Cream and Lemon Zest
- Half of a pineapple
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tsp liquid sweetener of choice for each slice I used maple syrup but you can also use agave or honey (not vegan)
- 1 Tbsp lime zest
- Desiccated coconut
- Coconut whipped cream or coconut cream or healthy ice cream
- Start by cutting half of a ripe pineapple in slices.
- Add the olive oil to a non-stick pan and the liquid sweetener. (don’t forget to add one teaspoon of sweetener for each slice)
- Heat the pan on medium heat and add the pineapple slices.
- Slide them over the pan to spread the sweetener and let them cook covered for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Take out the lid and flip the slices a few times until they uniformly caramelize.
- Now let the slices cool down or serve them hot.
- Garnish with some coconut cream, some plant based homemade ice cream or some coconut whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with some desiccated coconut and lime zest. Enjoy!!