Horror movies, rainy nights, thunderstorms outside. All of this calls for a healthy, warm and wonderful Vegan Gingerbread Hot Chocolate. Oh, and it’s super easy to prepare!
If you’re more of a visual learner, here’s the video for this recipe. In the video, you’ll also find my favourite cosy and comforting drinks for all autumn and winter moments. There’s a Masala Coffee Latte, a Quicker Hot Apple Cider Tea and a Dairy-free Cinnamon Roll Iced Latte!
Other drinks you might enjoy:
Vegan Gingerbread Hot Chocolate
- 1 tsp ground ginger or 4 fresh ginger slices
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp brown sugar or another sweetener of your choice
- 3 to 4 tbsp cocoa powder unsweetened
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups unsweetened plant-based milk
- Frothed plant-based milk or whipped cream.
- Crushed gingerbread cookie and cinnamon.
- Add the cinnamon powder, unsweetened cocoa powder, brown sugar, unsweetened plant-based drink, ginger, vanilla and a pinch of salt to a pan.
- Add the rest of the milk and involve.
- Put it to heat slowly over very low heat, stirring from time to time, and let it heat up until it’s almost boiling.
- Add 3 tablespoons of frothed milk on top to embellish it or if you want something more special, some whipped cream and some crushed gingerbread cookies and a dash of cinnamon. Enjoy!
I love seeing pictures of your remakes of Zest’s recipes. If you try this recipe, snap a picture and tag @analucasrebelo on Instagram or use the hashtag #zestandthecity, so I can see and share your remakes. If you want to find more plant-based recipes, tips on nutrition, healthy habits, and productivity, join our community on Instagram, Facebook and, YouTube! Wishing you an amazing and healthy week!