I simply adore this vanilla chia yogurt with mulled fruits. It’s so cozy and rich! Besides it has the perfect balance of nutrients – it has protein, fiber, good fats (hello omega 3!), probiotics and antioxidants. It’s packed with flavor and because of its fiber and protein content it will keep you satiated until your next meal. It’s also super versatile – this time I had apples, pears and berries but you can play around with the fruits you choose – pineapple and peaches sound delicious to me. Although these are super quick to prepare, you want to prepare them beforehand to have them ready as soon as the hunger kicks. I usually prepare them while I’m cooking my breakfast or lunch, so they’re ready to eat when I feel like enjoying them.
Vanilla Chia Yogurt with Mulled Fruit
- 100 ml Tea of choice I used red tea
- 1 Small apple chopped
- 1 Small pear chopped
- 100 g mixed berries
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 Star anise
- 1 Clove
- Peel of 1/2 orange
- 1 Plant yogurt
- 5 Tbsp good quality chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup or brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup plant milk – I used soy milk 120ml
- Prepare the chia pudding, adding the yogurt, plant milk, chia seeds and maple syrup to a jar.
- Mix everything and let it sit in the fridge for 1 to 2h.
- Take some time to prepare this snack right after breakfast or lunch.
- Add the tea, diced apple and pear, cinnamon stick, star anise, the peel and clove to a small pan and on medium heat let it cook for 5 minutes.
- When the fruit is soft, remove the clove, anise and cinnamon stick from the pan.
- Let the fruit cool down – to aid this process I added one handful of frozen red berries.
- When you feel like enjoying it – add the cooled fruit to the chia pudding.
- Garnish with some fresh peppermint leafs and enjoy!
If you try this recipe, leave a comment, take a picture and tag @zest.andthecity on Instagram or use the hashtag #zestandthecity. I will love to see your cookings.
Hope you enjoy this beauties as much as I do! Love, Ana 💛