Warm, creamy and delicious, this Healthy Roasted Tomato Soup is your perfect dose of antioxidants all year round. With olive oil and truffle toast or grilled cheese on the side, you couldn’t ask for a better light but nourishing dinner!
How to make this Healthy Roasted Tomato Soup:
Prep all the ingredients and place them in a baking tray.
Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with lots of herbs and spices.
Roast them for 50 minutes until all the veggies get soft and fragrant.
Blend them in a blender with some coconut cream or non-dairy cream and lots of fresh basil.
Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, cream or feta cheese, lots of oreganos and fresh basil on top and toasts spread with truffle paste and olive oil or grilled cheese toast.
Enjoy on the couch, under a blanket watching your favorite series or on the table on a summer night with friends!
Other warm recipes you might enjoy!
Vegan Portuguese “Canja” Soup
Portuguese Mushroom and Bean Stew
Roasted Tofu with Cabbage & Corn Bread Crumble
Harvest Stuffed Balsamic Butternut Squash
Pumpkin Cornmeal Porridge
Vegan Gingerbread Hot Chocolate
Wholesome Breakfast Quinoa Porridge
Healthy Roasted Tomato Soup
- 6 to matoes
- Half a red pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic head
- 3 tbp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 8 basil leaves
- 100 ml vegan cream or coconut cream
- 4 wholegrain bread slices
- 1 tbsp truffle paste in oil
- Wash and cut 6 medium tomatoes in quarters and cut half a large red pepper and a peeled onion in big chunks.
- Cut a whole head of garlic in half.
- Place everything on a baking tray, if possible without overlapping.
- Drizzle with 3 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tsp of dried oregano, 1 tsp dried basil and 1 tsp of salt, which you can adjust later to your taste.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven to 180ºC and let it cook for 40 minutes.
- Toward the end of 40 minutes, cut a few slices of wholegrain bread in slices to toast in the oven.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and place the slices of bread on parchment paper.
- Drizzle with some olive oil and let them toast for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the vegetables in a blender and add 100 ml of coconut cream, vegetable cream or quark cheese, as well as 8 fresh basil leaves.
- Blend the soup well until it’s smooth and creamy. In this recipe, the blender works better than the food processor.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings if necessary and serve the soup with your favourite toppings.
- I added a dash of olive oil, crumbled vegan feta cheese, dried oregano and basil leaves.
- Take the bread out of the oven and spread it with truffle paste.
- Cut it in stripes and enjoy it with the soup!
I love seeing pictures of your remakes of Zest’s recipes. If you try this Healthy Roasted Tomato Soup, snap a picture and tag @analucasrebelo on Instagram or use the hashtag #zestandthecity, so I can see and share your remakes. If you want to find more plant-based recipes, tips on nutrition, healthy habits, and productivity, join our community on Instagram, Facebook and, YouTube! Wishing you an amazing and healthy week!