This ooey-gooey brownie is the perfect guilt-free dessert for an emergent sweet tooth. It is vegan, moist, gooey, super quick to prepare and healthy-ish… and I say healthy-ish because it is still somewhat caloric due to the coconut oil – this ingredient is strongly related to it’s moistness – and brown sugar. I like my brownies like this, rich and indulgent. If you follow an overall healthy diet, you won’t need to worry much about this ingredients, but feel free to try and substitute them for more wholesome ones. Don’t forget to tell me in the comments how it went, I would love to know!
To prepare these brownies you will only need 2 minutes and some common ingredients:
- brown sugar – that you can sub for dates;
- a whole flour – like oats, spelt or rye;
- coconut oil – melted;
- a splash of a plant based milk;
- dark chocolate – go for one with at least 70-80% of cacao.
- and some flavor enhancers like salt and vanilla extract.
2 Minutes Vegan & Healthy Brownie For One
- 2 Tbsp spelt flour – oat and rye flour also work well
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar – or sugar free crystal sweetener or 2 mashed fresh pitted dates
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened plant milk of choice
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp vegan dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Some drops of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Mix all the ingredients in a small microwave safe ramekin.
- Place it on the microwave and let it cook on high for 30 to 50 seconds.
- Keep an eye on the brownie, so it doesn’t overcooked. You want your brownie slightly undercooked, moist and gooey.
- Serve right away, with some healthy ice cream and some berries. Enjoy!
If you try this recipe take a picture and tag @zest.andthecity on Instagram or use the hashtag #zestandthecity, I would love to see your recreations. Join our community on Instagram, Facebook and YouTube! Love, Ana 💛