A must-have in your fridge during fall months, this Homemade Spiced Apple Butter is the ideal recipe to avoid waste during apple season. It’s delicious on its own, and also perfect to add on your morning warm porridges.
Homemade Spiced Apple Butter
- 1 kg assorted apples 8 to 9 medium units
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Add all the ingredients into a pan.
- Let it cook in medium heat, until the apple softens, from 15 to 20 minutes.
- Blend the apples with a hand blender, until it's all smooth.
- Let reduce in medium to low heat for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until it reaches the consistency of your preference!
- Add to porridges or eat as is, and enjoy!
I love seeing pictures of your remakes of Zest’s recipes. If you try this recipe, snap a picture and tag @analucasrebelo on Instagram or use the hashtag #zestandthecity, so I can see and share your remakes. If you want to find more plant-based recipes, tips on nutrition, healthy habits, and productivity, join our community on Instagram, Facebook and, YouTube! Wishing you an amazing and healthy week!