Looking for an afternoon snack? These vegan crepes are so delicious and so easy to make. They’re dairy and egg-free, but as delicious as the classic ones. They’re the perfect option for when you’re craving something sweet, easy but versatile, and that doesn’t require turning on the oven. Oh, and… made with only pantry staples. Perfect as an afternoon snack, weekend breakfast (or, why not, a make-ahead week breakfast?), or as dessert. They’re delicious on their own or enjoyed with your favorite toppings.
You’ll love them because… well, who doesn’t love crepes? But seriously, they’re delicious, slightly elastic, with the right amount of sweetness, soft and light. Top them with fresh fruits, compotes, pumpkin butter, nuts, melted dark chocolate, shredded coconut, plant-based yogurt, honey (if you’re not vegan), or maple syrup. Or, you could also go for a sweet and salty option, by filling your crepes with vegan cheese or vegan ham (beware of this products’ nutritional facts), sauteed veggies… it’s up to your imagination.
These crepes are:
& easy to make.
Healthier & Vegan Classic Crepes
- 200 ml plant-based milk I used soy
- 140 g spelt or whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch or sub 2 tbsp flour
- a few drops of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp melted coconut or olive oil
- 1 full tablespoon of sweetener I usually use xylitol or sugar
- a pinch of salt
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender or whisk them by hand.
- Heat a medium-sized, non-stick pan to medium heat.
- Once heated add a tiny bit of olive oil, coconut oil, or margarine to grease the pan.
- Scoop the batter into the pan and tip and rotate it to spread the batter as thinly as possible.
- Cook until the top looks dry, and carefully flip the crepe over, and cook for 30 seconds on the other side.
- Enjoy with your fav toppings!
- Mine are: melted dark chocolate, cheese, cinnamon & granulated sweetener, berries & banana, and yogurt.
I love seeing pictures of your remakes of Zest’s recipes. If you try this recipe take a picture and tag @zest.andthecity on Instagram or use the hashtag #zestandthecity, so I can see and share your remakes. Join our community on Instagram, Facebook and, YouTube! Love, Ana.