These fudge brownie energy balls are a delicious way of getting some fast but sustained energy. They are packed with both fast and slow-release carbs, fats, and fiber. The unsweetened cacao powder is also rich in flavonoids that boost your mood and improve your cognitive function. It also contains a little amount of caffeine, which raises moderately your alertness without giving you an energy crash once the caffeine wears off. I usually have one or two energy balls because they are super fudgy, chocolatey, and rich, but the size of your portion will always depend on your needs in terms of calories and nutrients. I hope you love these cuties as much as I do!
Fudgy Brownie Energy Balls
- 20 Pitted dates if using dry dates, soak in warm water for 10 minutes
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter 100% peanuts
- 2 Tbsp oats
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder unsweetened
- 1/2 Cup walnuts
- Cacao powder or shredded coconut to coat
- Add the pitted dates, peanut butter, oats and cacao powder to a food processor.
- Pulse everything until uniform.
- Add the walnuts and pulse until they are broken into small chunks.
- Roll the dough into small balls and coat them with cacao powder or shredded coconut.