This Sun-dried Tomato & Basil Hummus is full of flavour and is perfect to take to potlucks, as an entree or make-ahead as part of your meal prep and enjoy with celery or carrot sticks or on toast!
It is packed in protein, both insoluble and soluble fibre and lycopene – a powerful antioxidant present in tomatoes. Its nutritional content makes it the perfect everyday snack. If leftover, you can store it in the fridge for up to 1 week and spread it on sandwiches or add it to salads or nourish bowls.
Other savory snack recipes you might enjoy:
Sun-dried Tomato & Basil Hummus
- 1/2 cup chopped jarred sun-dried tomatoes
- 250 g or 1 cup of canned or cooked chickpeas
- Juice of half large lemon
- 3 Tbsp tahini (60 ml)
- 1 Small garlic clove
- 4 Basil leaves plus to garnish
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or 1 tablespoon of the sun-dried tomato jar oil plus to garnish
- 1/2 Tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 Tsp paprika plus to garnish
- Salt to taste
- If using canned chickpeas, drain and rinse them before using.
- Add the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, tomatoes, basil leaves, olive oil, garlic, cumin, paprika, tomato and salt to the bowl and process until well blended, scraping the sides of the food processor from time to time.
- Depending on how smooth you like your hummus, add some water.
- Garnish the hummus with a drizzle of olive oil and some herbs.
- Enjoy with carrot and celery sticks or spread it on toasts. You can store it in an airtight container and refrigerate it for one week. You can then use it on salads, sandwiches or serve it with pita bread.
I love seeing pictures of your remakes of Zest’s recipes. If you try this recipe take a picture and tag @zest.andthecity on Instagram or use the hashtag #zestandthecity, so I can see and share your remakes. Join our community on Instagram, Facebook and, YouTube!