This Healthy Vegan Berries Nice Cream with a Chocolate Shell is the perfect treat for these hot days. As well as being vegan and healthy, it doesn’t take more than 5 minutes to prepare (given that you already have the bananas frozen)!
This Magnum-type vegan ice cream recipe has been around for some time on TikTok and I couldn’t not share my version of it with you! In addition to slightly altering the base recipe, I added red fruits and hazelnuts, which gives it an acidic flavour and a wonderful crunch. I hope you enjoy it!
Magic Shell Nice Cream
- 3 dark chocolate squares (10g) melted
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (5g)
- 2 frozen bananas in chunks
- 2 tbsp coconut cream (20g)
- 2 tbsp berries, I prefer raspberries (20g) fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp hazelnuts (20g) crushed
- Melt the chocolate squares and coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds or in a water bath for 3 or 4 minutes. Reserve.
- Add the bananas and coconut cream to a food processor.
- Blend until it has a creamy and smooth ice-cream-like texture.
- Divide into two glasses, bowls or jars.
- Make a deep hole in the nice-cream, put the berries inside and smooth its surface.
- Carefully pour the chocolate over the nice-cream, in a thin layer, and spread it evenly.
- Enjoy right away!
- If the chocolate doesn't solidify right away, place the bowls/glasses in the freezer for a few minutes.
I love seeing pictures of your remakes of Zest’s recipes. If you try this recipe take a picture and tag @zest.andthecity on Instagram or use the hashtag #zestandthecity, so I can see and share your remakes. Join our community on Instagram, Facebook and, YouTube!