To celebrate summertime, I made this Green Goddess Hummus with fresh herbs, which is rich in antioxidants, protein, and packed with fresh summery flavors. Hummus is undoubtedly one of the most versatile, nutritious, and delicious recipes out there. I always like to find new ways to jazz it up, as it is part of my diet on a regular basis. I usually spread it on toasts, add it to salads, have it as a snack with seed crackers (I have a wholesome recipe here!) and carrot or celery sticks… The combinations are endless!
Green Goddess Hummus
- 1 cup of cooked chickpeas
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 Handful of coriander you can substitute it with a handful of parsley or more basil
- 1 Handful of basil
- 1 Handful of spinach
- 1 Peeled garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp of tahini
- 2 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tsp of salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Add to a blender all the ingredients.
- If your mixture gets too thick, add some water till you get to your desired texture.
- Pour it into a bowl and garnish with extra virgin olive oil, some more fresh herbs, and crushed pistachios.
- Enjoy this antioxidant-rich humus with your favorite crackers, with carrot or celery sticks or spread on toasts.