I just love this vegan protein chocolate smoothie. To all my chocolate lovers who want to eat more veggies without noticing them! It’s secret ingredient (it’s frozen zuchini, but don’t tell anyone!) makes it super nutritious and smooth. It’s also packed with protein because of the flaxseeds and hazelnuts. It’s the perfect afternoon healthy dessert in a jar.
Vegan Protein Chocolate & Hazelnut Smoothie
- 1 Small banana
- 1 Small zuchini (1 cup chopped)
- 1 or 2 pitted dates depending on how sweet you want your smoothie
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder you can add one more tbsp to extra richness
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 2 Tbsp hazelnut or hazelnut butter
- 2 Cups plant milk of your choice you can add more or less milk depending on how liquid you like your smoothie
- Start by peeling, cutting and freezing the zucchini and the banana.
- Add the frozen zucchini and banana to a blender.
- Join the pitted dates, the cacao powder, the ground flaxseeds, the hazelnut or hazelnut butter and the plant milk to the blender.
- Blend everything.
- Top with some hemp seeds, desiccated coconut or raspberries. Enjoy!