These Piña Colada Inspired Popsicles are healthy, vegan and, perfect for adults or kids! They are made with wholesome ingredients like coconut cream, yogurt, and pineapple and are super delicious.
I don’t know about you but I always love to have ice cream after a beach day. To avoid the store-bought versions, I developed this Piña Colada Popsicles, that you can prepare in the morning and have ready as soon as you get home. I just love the combination of peppermint, lime, coconut, and pineapple. These flavors remind me of the cocktails I and Ruben used to have when on vacation in Cuba, so they bring me such good memories. These beauties are vegan and made with mostly wholesome ingredients like fruit, yogurt, and coconut cream. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Piña Colada Inspired Popsicles
- 1/2 Cup of plant-based yogurt
- 1/2 Cup of coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar divided
- 2 Slices of pineapple
- 5 Peppermint leafs
- Add the unsweetened plant-based yogurt and the coconut cream to a bowl and stir.
- Reserve this mixture.
- Peel and cut two slices of pineapple, discarding the core of the pineapple.
- Add the pineapple slices and the peppermint leaves to a blender or food processor.
- Depending on how ripe your pineapple is, add 1 teaspoon or two of brown sugar.
- Blend everything until you have a smooth mixture or if you, like me, like to feel some texture, blend until you have little chunks of pineapple.
- Pour two teaspoons of the yogurt mixture into the molds.
- Add one teaspoon of the pineapple mixture, and continue layering the two until your molds are full.
- Add the popsicle sticks and freeze for 4 hours or until solid.
- When solid, run the mold under hot water for 1 to 2 seconds to unmold the popsicles and enjoy!
This is important because the sugar will prevent your popsicles from forming ice, making them smoother.