If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious breakfast cookie, look no further! These Banana Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies are so quick to make, delicious, vegan, nourishing, and… they’re made with ingredients that you probably have in your pantry! So, perfect to whip up on a Sunday afternoon to have on Monday morning with a latte.
Ingredients you’ll need
— Old-fashioned oats (quick oats work too, but I prefer the old-fashioned’s texture).
— Natural peanut butter (or other nut butter of your preference).
— Ripe banana.
— Vegan chocolate chips.
— Ground cinnamon and nutmeg.
Tips when making Banana Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies
— Make sure you’re using ripe bananas, otherwise the texture of the cookies will be different and they won’t become as sweet and flavorful.
— In case your bananas aren’t ripe enough, you can bake them in the oven at 180ºC or 350ºF for 30 to 40 minutes. They will become black and soft to touch, but that’s completely normal. Just wait until they’re cool down and mash them as you would normally do.
— Part of making these cookies is incorporating the sweet, ripe banana’s flavor throughout, and in order to achieve that, it’s important to mash the bananas first so they can be easily incorporated.
— To take these cookies to a whole another level don’t omit the spices, salt, or chocolate chips, although you could add other nuts, seeds, or dried fruits of your liking.
— If you resist them long enough, I’d recommend you to warm them up in the microwave for up to 10 seconds before eating them. They will become soft and moist again, the chocolate will melt and they’ll become delicious as they’re fresh out of the oven again!
Easiest Banana Choc Chips Breakfast Cookies
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter or other nut butter
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 handful vegan chocolate chips
- Half tsp cinnamon
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- Start by preheating the oven at 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Mash the banana, add the peanut butter, and mix.
- Join the rest of the ingredients and give it a mix.
- Scoop the dough into balls and place them in a baking tray lined with parchment paper or greased and dusted with all-purpose flour.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 12 minutes.
- Let cool down for a few minutes but enjoy while still warm – so you can enjoy the still melted chocolate!
I love seeing pictures of your remakes of Zest’s recipes. If you try this recipe take a picture and tag @zest.andthecity on Instagram or use the hashtag #zestandthecity, so I can see and share your remakes. Join our community on Instagram, Facebook and, YouTube!