This breakfast quinoa porridge is so good and so easy you won’t believe it. I think I could say this is my favorite breakfast of them all, for being so cozy, satiating, and healthful. It’s made with pantry ingredients only and, if your quinoa is already cooked, you’ll have it ready in 5 minutes. This porridge is satiating, warming, not overbearingly sweet, and highly versatile. Besides being delicious, it has a nice amount of protein, it’s sugar-free as it’s sweetened with the banana only, and it’s packed with fiber and good fats. Add your favorite toppings and this lovely porridge will keep you satiated till your next meal.
Wholesome Breakfast Quinoa Porridge
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk I used soy
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- Your favorite toppings
- Cut a medium ripe banana into a microwavable bowl and put it in the microwave until it softens ~ approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the quinoa to the bowl. Use whichever amount is right for your hanger and or your needs.
- Add some plant-based milk and the ground flaxseed.
- Give it a mix, and microwave it again for approximately 1 minute.
- Add your favorite toppings, I added peanut butter and figs.
I love seeing pictures of your remakes of Zest’s recipes. If you try this recipe take a picture and tag @zest.andthecity on Instagram or use the hashtag #zestandthecity, so I can see and share your remakes. Join our community on Instagram, Facebook and, YouTube! Love, Ana ❤️