This salad is probably my all-time favorite salad – a grilled peach and vegan feta salad. This one is super healthy, has the protein of the quinoa, it has the sweetness of the peaches and the raspberries, that go so well with the salty vegan feta cheese.
Vegan Feta & Grilled Peaches Salad with Balsamic Dressing
- 1 Cup quinoa
- 2 Cups water
- 2 Medium-ripe peaches
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 to 4 handfuls of leafy greens I used arugula and spinach leaves
- 50 g vegan feta cheese
- Toppings: raspberries and roasted walnut halves
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tsp brown sugar
- First, rinse half a cup of quinoa (or the amount you want to cook, I usually cook a lot so I can have some cooked quinoa always ready)
- Add two cups of water, for each cup of quinoa and some salt.
- Let it cook until it gets nice and fluffy and let it cool down.
- In the meantime, let’s grill our peaches. Just slice two medium ripe peaches, and heat a non-sticking pan with the olive oil in medium heat.
- When the skillet is hot, add the peach slices and let them cook for 3 minutes before turning them over.
- And then let them cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add to a big plate 3 to 4 handfuls of leafy greens: I used some arugula and some spinach leaves.
- And then add a few tablespoons of cool down quinoa to your veggies.
- Cut the vegan feta cheese in small cubes and add them to the greens and the quinoa.
- Add your peach slices, a few raspberries, and some walnut halves.
- Add to a little bowl the balsamic vinegar, olive oil and, brown sugar.
- Mix it until the sugar dissolves and pour it over your salad
If you try this recipe take a picture and tag @zest.andthecity on Instagram or use the hashtag #zestandthecity, I would love to see your recreations. Join our community on Instagram, Facebook and YouTube! Love, Ana 💛