Oh my… This Ravioli with Lemon Rosemary Sautéed Mushrooms is easily one of my favorite Monday night dinners. You know, when you need something comforting, quick and easy and yet flavorful! You’ll have this dish whipped up in less than 20 and it’s going to be so worth it.
Ingredients You’ll need
Ravioli – storebought or homemade. I’ve tried this recipe with mushroom and pumpkin ravioli and both of them combine so well with the rest of the flavors.
Mushrooms – Mushrooms and lemon, a match made in heaven. Any mushroom works but their cooking times vary a bit. If you use a mushroom more on the chewier side like shiitake or portobello, cook them for an additional 5 to 8 minutes, until they’re soft.
Lemon – choose the freshest lemon you can find and zest its skin finely. You will need one tablespoon of fresh lemon zest and some more to top the dish off.
Rosemary – if the mushrooms and lemon go well together, the needle-like leaves of fresh rosemary will take the flavors to a whole another level. You can use fresh or dried rosemary, whichever you have on hand!
Balsamic glaze – although I think it might work, I haven’t tried to cook this dish with balsamic vinegar yet. The balsamic glaze is a syrupy and reducted version of balsamic vinegar. It is sweet, yet a little bit tangy, and wraps up all the flavors of this dish so well. You can use store-bought or homemade balsamic glaze, it’s up to you!
Vegan grated cheese – to top!
Lots of garlic and some olive oil, pepper, and salt.
Is ravioli healthy?
If you’ve been around for some time, you know I’d rather ask “is ravioli a nourishing option?”. And yes, it can be! The best option is probably the homemade version, depending on the filling you choose to make them with. But there are also great options at the grocery store, and nowadays you can even find whole-grain ravioli. If you’re giving the store-bought ones a go, try to choose an option with a smaller amount of added fats, and if you’re vegan beware of its filling, as it usually contains cream or cheese.
Mushroom recipes you might enjoy:
Ravioli with Rosemary Lemon Sautéed Mushrooms
- 250 g mushroom or pumpkin ravioli homemade or storebought
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp lemon zest more to top
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 1 tsp rosemary fresh or dried
- vegan grated cheese
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat and when hot add the minced garlic.
- When fragrant, add the lemon zest, sliced mushrooms, rosemary, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Sautée in medium to high heat for 5 minutes or until the mushrooms start to soften and add the balsamic glaze.
- Let it sautée for more 2 to 3 minutes and serve the mushrooms over the ravioli.
- Cook the ravioli in a large pot of salted boiling water until it is al dente, usually for 3 minutes, or according to package directions.
- Drain them and place them in a bowl and place the mushrooms on top.
- Top with grated vegan cheese, lemon zest, and rosemary. Enjoy!!
I love seeing pictures of your remakes of Zest’s recipes. If you try this recipe take a picture and tag @zest.andthecity on Instagram or use the hashtag #zestandthecity, so I can see and share your remakes. Join our community on Instagram, Facebook and, YouTube!