I love everything lemon, and these Vegan & Healthy Oatmeal Lemon Muffins are to die for. They are delicious, moist, vegan and super wholesome. So wholesome you can have them as breakfast or snack. These beauties are super easy to prepare and perfect to cook in big batches and have ready to-go throughout your week. They have the protein of the oats and the chia seeds, but I would probably recommend you to enrich your meal with some more protein with foods like yogurt, nuts or nut butters.
Vegan Oatmeal Lemon Muffins
- 200 g oat flour 2 cups oats, use gluten-free oats for gluten-free muffins
- 8 to 12 dates
- Peel of 1 lemon just the yellow part
- 1 chávena of plant-based milk
- 3 c. de sopa of coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 pitada of salt
- 2 Tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp of baking soda
- 2 c. de sopa sementes de chia
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF and coat a muffin baking tray with a tiny bit of margarine and flour.
- You can use a store-bought one or you can do your own flour at home, by processing the oats in a food processor or blender.
- Reserve it in a bowl and to the same processor, add the lemon peel and the dates.
- Process the peel and the dates until you have a fine texture.
- Now add the plant-based milk, coconut oil or olive oil, plus one pinch of salt and blend everything again for about 30 seconds, so the flavors of the lemon zest develop even more.
- To the oat flour add the baking powder and the baking soda and then join the wet ingredients and the chia seeds.
- Combine everything without over-mixing.
- Pour the batter into the muffin baking tray already prepped.
- Put them in the oven and let them bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- Keep an eye on them and as soon as they start cracking on the top and getting slightly golden insert a toothpick to check if they’re cooked in the middle.
- Let them cool down and enjoy with a heap of yogurt or a homemade jam.
I used 8 dates but I like my muffins just slightly sweet. Add up to 12 dates if you like your muffins a little bit sweeter.