Estas não são as vossas papas de aveia normais. Estas papas deliciosas, suaves e quentes vão fazer-vos desejar por mais. A banana caramelizada, as amêndoas tostadas e a manteiga de amendoim cremosa são a combinação perfeita de nutrientes para começar o vosso sábado ou domingo. São ricas em hidrato de carbono de absorção lenta, gorduras monoinsaturada e proteína e por isso vão dar-vos uma libertação lenta de energia ao longo da manhã.
CARAMELIZED BANANA OATMEAL
SERVES: 2 persons
PREPARATION TIME: 15 min
COOKING TIME: 10 min
CHARACTERISTICS: Vegan, (possibly) Gluten Free, Oil-Free, Refined-Sugar Free
2 Cups unsweetened plant milk of choice (I went with soy milk)
1 Cup rolled oats
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Large banana
3 Tbsp sliced almonds
1 Tbsp 100% natural peanut or almond butter
1. Add the oats, plant milk, half of the maple syrup and the vanilla extract to a small pot.
2. Let it cook in low heat for 10 minutes or until the oats thicken.
3. While the porridge cooks, slice the banana in quarters into a bowl and pour the maple syrup on top of it. Give it a mix with your hands, until all the bananas are coated in syrup.
4. To a hot pan, add the almond slices and let them cook for for 3 to 4 minutes in medium heat. Be ware as they burn easily. When golden put them to a small plate and reserve.
5. Add the banana to the hot pan. Let it cook for about 3 minutes or until it becomes soft on the inside and with its edges golden.
6. Pour the porridge into a bowl and top it with the “fried” bananas. Add some peanut butter and sprinkle the bowl with almonds. Serve while warm and enjoy!