Let’s make some crunchy and flavor packed smoky roasted chickpeas. This recipe is super easy to prepare and you can make ahead a big batch to eat as a snack throughout the week or to add interesting textures to your salads or soups.
Grão de Bico Crocante
- 2 Cups chickpeas cooked or canned and drained
- 1 Tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tsp dried basil
- 1 Tsp dried chilli powder
- ½ Tsp alho em pó
- ¼ Tsp sal
- Fresh pepper to taste
- 2 c. de sopa azeite
- Preheat oven to 180ºC or 350F.
- Dry the chickpeas on a kitchen towel. Add them and the olive oil to a bowl and mix.
- Spread the chickpeas on a baking sheet and place them on the center rack of the oven. Let them bake for 20 minutes.
- Take them out the oven, shake them and return them to the oven for another 10-15 minutes – keep an eye on them so they don’t burn!
- Mix all the spices and sprinkle them on top of the chickpeas, right after you take them out the oven!
- Let them cool out of the oven and enjoy them as they are! You can store them in a jar for 3 to 5 days and use them as toppings for salads, soups or nourishing bowls!