I absolutely love this red berries chia jam! It has no added sugars, it’s made only of wholesome and nutritious ingredients – red berries, chia seeds, and lemon or lime juice and it takes less than 10 minutes to prepare! You can store it for up to a week in the fridge but I doubt it will last that long!
Chia seeds will thicken the jam and enrich it with protein, fiber, and omega-3. The lime or lemon juice will boost all the flavors and low the jam ph, increasing its storage time. The red berries speak for themselves – who doesn’t love the sweet and pungent flavor of antioxidant-packed red berries jam?
Add a big spoonful of it to your overnight oats or oatmeal or spread it on toasts with some peanut butter to make some delish pb&j toasts!
Geleia de Chia e Frutos Vermelhos
- 1 chávena frozen red berries
- 1/2 Lime or lemon juice
- 1 c. de sopa sementes de chia
- Add the red berries to a small saucepan and cook in medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Mash the berries with a fork.
- Add the chia seeds and mix.
- Let it cool down and place it in an airtight container.
If you try this recipe take a picture and tag @zest.andthecity on Instagram or use the hashtag #zestandthecity, I would love to see your recreations. Join our community on Instagram, Facebook e YouTube! Love, Ana 💛