Hello everyone! 🌧 Today I bring you my mom’s delicious healthy and very autumnal pumpkin porridge (that I didn’t enjoy for many years but now love). She usually makes it every fall when pumpkins are in season and I recall loving the smell it left around the house. It was a delicious and beautiful smell but for some reason, I just couldn’t enjoy the porridge… I guess our taste buds change with time and now I find myself enjoying it so much. Maybe after you get out of your parent’s home you start to find everything “home-related” more appealing… Or maybe I just didn’t know how to appreciate our comforting and very traditional dishes and flavors. Now it tastes like fall, blankets, and home 🥰
I’m sure you’re going to love it because it’s smooth, but filling, it’s comforting and flavor-rich. Although I haven’t tried a pumpkin pie yet (it isn’t a tradition here in Portugal), I imagine it tastes like a delicious and not very sweet pumpkin pie. Perfect for breakfasts. It’s made with fresh pumpkin, cornstarch, cornflour, vegan butter, and lots of cinnamon. It is delicious more or less sweet, so adjust the added sugar to your taste.
My family uses to have it as dessert or snack, but I love to heat it in the microwave just a bit, add some nuts to it and lots of cinnamon, and enjoy it in the morning. Hope you love this seasonal recipe as much as I do!
Papas de Abóbora
- 1 medium pumpkin 2kg
- 1 chávena water
- Sugar to taste we use approximately 6 tbsp
- 1 c. de sobremesa manteiga vegan
- 2 c. de sopa cornflour
- 1 c. de sopa cornstarch flour
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Peel, cut, and cook the pumpkin and water until soft (20 min).
- Drain the excess water to a bowl and add the cornflour and cornstarch flour – mix until dissolved.
- Blend the pumpkin with a hand mixer and add the cinnamon stick, sugar to taste, and margarine.
- Let the pureed pumpkin cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the dissolved flour and let cook for another 10 minutes.
- Pour the porridge into a big bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- They are delicious hot, cold, or reheated in the microwave 😊
Adoro ver as vossas recriações das receitas do Zest. Se experimentarem esta receita não se esqueçam de fotografá-la e marcar @zest.andthecity no Instagram ou usar o hashtag #zestandthecity, para ver os vossos remakes. Juntem-se à nossa comunidade no Instagram, Facebook e no YouTube! Love, Ana 💕