This delicious Pumpkin, Carrot and Ginger Soup, is rich in vitamin A, beta-carotene and vitamin C, super satiating and so easy to make. Creamy and comforting is made with fresh ginger, sweet pumpkin, carrots and protein-rich chickpeas.
Other winter recipes you might enjoy:
Pumpkin Carrot & Ginger Soup
- 600 g pumpkin
- 2 carrots
- 5 cm fresh ginger
- 1 cebola média
- 4 dentes de alho
- 1 chávena chickpeas canned or home-cooked
- 1 c. de sobremesa sal
- 2 c. de sopa azeite
- 10 g croutons
- 1 c. de sopa pumpkin seeds
- 10 g vegan feta cheese
- Start by peeling the pumpkin, carrots, ginger, garlic and onions and cutting them into large cubes.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas and add to a pot, along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add 3 cups of water (later you can add more if necessary).
- Season some salt and let cook for 20 to 30 minutes over medium heat until all ingredients soften.
- Add the olive oil at the end and blend everything with a hand blender, a food processor or a blender until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Serve still hot with 10g of croutons, 1 tbsp of pumpkin seeds and 10g of vegan feta cheese on each plate.
- Espero que gostem!
I love seeing pictures of your remakes of Zest’s recipes. If you try this recipe, snap a picture and tag @analucasrebelo on Instagram or use the hashtag #zestandthecity, so I can see and share your remakes. If you want to find more plant-based recipes, tips on nutrition, healthy habits, and productivity, join our community on Instagram, Facebook e no YouTube. Desejo-vos uma semana ótima e saudável!