This warm Portuguese Mushroom Broth is the perfect vegan remake of the delicious traditional Portuguese soup “canja”. It’s comforting, so easy and perfect the perfect soup for the cold weather!
Other winter recipes you might enjoy:
Portuguese Mushroom Broth – vegan “canja”
- Half big onion
- 4 dentes de alho
- 4 c. de sopa azeite
- 200 g cogumelos
- 2 carrots
- 1 folha de louro
- 3 chávenas of water
- Half a cup of small pasta
- 2 c. de sopa molho de soja
- 1/4 c. de sobremesa pimenta moída
- 1 c. de sobremesa de sal
- 1 sprig of chives
- Chop half an onion and sauté it in 4 tbsp olive oil, over medium heat, until translucent.
- Chop 4 garlic cloves, cut 200g of mushrooms into slices or quarters and grate two carrots.
- Add the garlic, carrots, mushrooms and a bay leaf to the onion and sauté. Add a little water if necessary to deglaze the pan.
- When the mushrooms are browned and the carrots are softer, add 3 cups of water (preferably boiling).
- Bring to a boil and add the soy, pepper, salt and chives.
- When boiling, add half a cup of dough in balls or other small-grain dough and cook for 12 minutes. Add more water as necessary.
- Serve while still hot and top with more chopped chives or fresh parsley!
I love seeing pictures of your remakes of Zest’s recipes. If you try this recipe, snap a picture and tag @analucasrebelo on Instagram or use the hashtag #zestandthecity, so I can see and share your remakes. If you want to find more plant-based recipes, tips on nutrition, healthy habits, and productivity, join our community on Instagram, Facebook e no YouTube. Desejo-vos uma semana ótima e saudável!