You’ll love this mango black bean salad for its delicious flavors and practicality – you’ll have it done in 20 minutes if you already have your refried beans ready! This is the first recipe of my back-to-school special video “healthy lunchbox ideas”. If you’re more of a visual person, here’s the video!
For this recipe you’ll need:
Sweet corn – if canned, drained.
Refried black beans – find my recipe for refried black beans here.
Red bell pepper – or any other color you enjoy or have on hand. Did you know that one cup of chopped red bell pepper provides three times the vitamin C in an orange?
Onion – I think red onion works best in this recipe, but white onion also works well.
Mango – ripe, for a burst of sweetness and extra vitamin C.
Fresh coriander or parsley – what’s a salad without some fresh aromatic herbs?
Salada de Feijão Preto e Manga
- 3 c. de sopa sweet corn
- 5 c. de sopa refried black beans
- 1/4 bell pepper picada
- 1 or 2 Tbsp onion
- 1/4 manga peeled and chopped
- Small bunch of parsley or coriander picada
- 1/4 abacate fatiado
- 1 lime wedge
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/2 c. de sobremesa açúcar amarelo
- 1 c. de sopa azeite
- Chilli flakes to taste
- Sal a gosto
- Pimenta a gosto
- First, drain a can of sweet corn and add 3 tablespoons of corn to a bowl.
- Then add to the bowl about 5 tbsp of refried black beans.
- Chop a quarter of red bell pepper and add it to the other ingredients.
- Join in 1 or two tablespoons of chopped onion, depending on your taste.
- And peel and chop a quarter of ripe mango and add it to the bowl.
- Chop a small bunch of parsley or coriander.
- Add some avocado slices and a lime wedge.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing in a small jar the olive oil, lime juice, brown sugar, chili flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Espero que gostem!
Adoro ver as vossas recriações das receitas do Zest. Se experimentarem esta receita não se esqueçam de fotografá-la e marcar @zest.andthecity no Instagram ou usar a hashtag #zestandthecity, so I can see and share your remakes. Join our community on Instagram, Facebook e YouTube! Love, Ana ❤️