One of my favorite smoothie bowls. So colorful, refreshing, and nourishing. It is rich in vitamin C, A, iron, and calcium, as well as antioxidants, among them, the incredible anthocyanins, the pigments that give açaí and red fruits their bluish, red, purple, and pink color. Such a better option than your regular store-bought açaí, which is normally loaded with sugars and syrups. This smoothie is sweetened with a frozen banana, which is enough to be delicious. Enjoy!
Açaí, Red Fruits, and Basil Smoothie Bowl
- Half a cup plant-based yogurt
- 50 g 100% frozen açai see notes
- Half a cup fresh or frozen berries
- Half a banana
- 1 c. de sopa ground flax seeds
- Basil leaves to taste I used 6 small leaves
- Granola desiccated coconut, seeds, peanut butter, red fruits, banana slices, cacao nibs… Whatever you like!
- Add all the ingredients to your blender, starting with the softer ones.
- Blend until you have a smooth mixture.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with your favorite toppings!
If you don’t have açai, you can replace it with an extra handful of red fruits.
Adoro ver as vossas recriações das receitas do Zest. Se experimentarem esta receita não se esqueçam de fotografá-la e marcar @zest.andthecity no Instagram ou usar a hashtag #zestandthecity, para poder ver e partilhar os vossos remakes. Juntem-se à nossa comunidade no Instagram, Facebook e YouTube! Love, Ana