You’ll love this Iced Coffee Protein Smoothie because it is fresh, creamy, protein-rich and as an incredible staying powder – meaning that it will keep you satisfied for a long time due to its amazing content of protein and fiber. This recipe is featured in my “how to make a smoothie healthier video” that also features three other nourishing and delicious smoothie recipes. If you’re more of a visual learner, here it is:
For this rich smoothie you’ll need:
- Espresso – or instant coffee, diluted in water.
- Frozen banana – for creaminess and sweetness.
- Frozen zucchini – for fiber and extra frostiness.
- Plant-based milk – try to choose a B12 and vitamin D fortified plant-milk. I went for soy milk but choose whichever you like. Did you know that soy, rice, and oat are the most environmentally-friendly kinds of milk?
- Vegan vanilla flavored protein powder – make sure you choose one that tastes good, as vegan protein powders aren’t always very pleasant.
- Drops vanilla extract.
Iced Coffee Protein Smoothie
- 1 espresso or 2 tsp of instant coffee plus half a cup of water
- 1 frozen banana
- Half a cup frozen zucchini chopped
- Half a cup plant-based milk
- 1 Tbsp vegan vanilla flavored protein powder or sub with 1 tbsp chia, flax, or hemp seeds
- Drops vanilla extract
- To make this smoothie you’ll need to brew one coffee and freeze it ahead of time in an ice cube tray.
- Also, freeze one banana and some chopped zucchini.
- When you’re ready to make your smoothie, add to your blender all the ingredients.
- Blend it all together, pour it into a jar, and enjoy this iced coffee in the form of a nutty and rich smoothie.
If you don’t have protein powder on hand, add some chia seeds, flax seeds, or hemp seeds and a few drops of vanilla extract.
love seeing pictures of your remakes of Zest’s recipes. If you try this recipe take a picture and tag @zest.andthecity on Instagram or use the hashtag #zestandthecity, so I can see and share your remakes. Join our community on Instagram, Facebook and, YouTube! Love, Ana 🥰