These are the best chocolate chip vegan cookies I’ve tried so far. I’m serious! Although I have to admit they don’t have the best nutrition facts, they’re delicious and I highly recommend you to try them. You’re going to love them because they’re chewy but kind of crispy on the outside, and form this delicious caramelized edge around them.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- half cup melted coconut oil 100 g
- half tsp salt 2,5 g
- 1 cup brown sugar 150 g
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 5 g
- 4 tbsp plant-based milk 60 g
- 1 cup whole wheat flour 120 g
- half cup all-purpose flour 60 g
- half tsp baking soda 2 g
- 1 handful vegan dark chocolate chips 60 g
- Combine the coconut oil, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- Add the milk and the vanilla extract and give it a mix
- Now add the flour, all-purpose flour, and baking soda and gently fold all the ingredients, with a fork, spoon, or using your hands.
- Right at the end add the chocolate chips and fold them into the dough.
- Refrigerate the dough in the fridge for 15 minutes and preheat the oven at 180ºC.
- Form little balls of dough, put them in a tray sprinkled with flour, and put them to bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Let them cool down or enjoy them still warm, with the chocolate chips still melted and the center really gooey. I hope you enjoy them!
I love seeing pictures of your remakes of Zest’s recipes. If you try this recipe take a picture and tag @zest.andthecity on Instagram or use the hashtag #zestandthecity, so I can see and share your remakes. Join our community on Instagram, Facebook and, YouTube! Love, Ana.