If you’re looking for a guilt-free, super easy, and low in sugars gingerbread latte – this is the one. I like to call it Everyday Gingerbread Latte as it is way lower in sugar than the ones you usually find in your go-to coffee shops. The fact that it isn’t super sweet makes it the perfect caffeinated jazzed-up everyday drink. And as I just mix and heat all the ingredients together it is so easy and quick to prepare, you’re going to love it!
If you’d like to see the making of this easy-peasy recipe, you can check this YouTube video:
To make this recipe you’ll need:
Unsweetened plant-based milk: any of your choice – I personally adore soy (for the nutritional profile and eco-friendliness), oat (for the eco-friendliness and creaminess), and coconut (for the nutty flavor).
Instant coffee or espresso
Sweetener, brown sugar, or maple syrup: sometimes I’ll go for the real deal – brown sugar – and other times I’ll add a little bit of sweetener, being xylitol and stevia my favorites.
Spices: I prefer to use grounded spices as they make this recipe so easy and quick, but if you wish to use the real deal, go for it. Make a delicious syrup with some fresh ginger, a cinnamon stick, freshly grounded nutmeg and the sweetener of your choice.
Other beverages you might enjoy:
Everyday Gingerbread Latte
- 1 or 2 tsp instant coffee or 1 espresso
- Half tsp ground cinnamon
- Half tsp ground ginger
- Tiny bit ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp sweetener or brown sugar I used stevia
- Quarter cup hot water
- 1 cup plant-based milk I used coconut
- Add all the spices and coffee to one mug.
- Add the hot water and mix it.
- To another mug or glass add 1 cup of milk and froth it with a milk frother. You can also whisk it by hand, but it will take a little bit longer.
- Microwave the milk until you see the foam reaching the top of the mug. Be careful not to make a big mess.
- Carefully pour the milk and the foam into the coffee.
- Add some cinnamon on top, and that’s it. Enjoy!
I love seeing pictures of your remakes of Zest’s recipes. If you try this recipe take a picture and tag @zest.andthecity on Instagram or use the hashtag #zestandthecity, so I can see and share your remakes. Join our community on Instagram, Facebook and, YouTube! Love, Ana.