Asian Noodles Salad with Creamy Peanut Sauce and Tofu
- 4 Tbsp of soy sauce
- 3 Tsp of rice vinegar
- 1 Tsp of brown sugar
- 2 Tbs of olive oil
- Half a tsp of ground ginger
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 Tsp ground ginger
- juice of half an orange
- 1/2 Tsp of salt
- 2 Full tbsp natural peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tsp brown sugar
- 2 Tsp rice vinegar
- Pepper to taste
- Water to thin
- 150 g noodles
- 3 to 4 cups thinly sliced vegetables. Cabbage carrots, broccoli, purple cabbage, bell pepper, zucchini, snap peas.
- Bunch of cilantro chopped
- Wrap the tofu in a few paper towel sheets and place it in a flat dish.
- Put something heavy on top, like a skillet or a large can of food, and let the tofu rest for 1 to 2 hours.
- Prepare the marinade, adding to a bowl the soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, olive oil, ground ginger, and the garlic cloves. Mix it.
- Cut the tofu in slices or cubes and place it in a large shallow dish and pour the marinade over the tofu.
- Leave it to rest for at least 1h. If you have the time leave the tofu to marinate for 2h or more.
- When marinated, add to a nonsticking pan the olive oil and let it heat in medium heat.
- Add the tofu slices and let them cook in medium heat until they get golden.
- Mix in a small jar the orange juice, soy sauce, peanut butter, rice vinegar, ground ginger, salt, brown sugar, ground pepper.
- Give it a shake and add some water to thin.
- Cook 150g of noodles, according to package directions and once they’re cooked, let them cool down.
- Add to a bowl the thinly sliced fresh veggies and chopped cilantro.
- Add the noodles to the veggies and mix everything.
- Pour the peanut sauce into the salad bowl and toss to coat.
- Serve the salad and add the sliced tofu, some roasted peanuts, and some cilantro leaves. Enjoy!
If you try this recipe take a picture and tag @zest.andthecity on Instagram or use the hashtag #zestandthecity, I would love to see your recreations. Join our community on Instagram, Facebook and YouTube! Love, Ana 💛